 General / 44364
Re: I Just Don't See It
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:24:33 GMT

"Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:HpKu81.oGE@lugnet.com...

[ ... ]

Now granted, the vast majority of my LEGO collection was purchased new in • the
last five years, and has never been abused with direct sunlight.  But I • have a
small amount of brick that is at least 20 years old, and the colors are • still
the same.

So what are you guys talking about?

- Chris.

I have seen the biggest color variations with blue.  Most of my blue bricks
are the same hue but many of the other elements are noticably different.

These two parts in particular come to mind as being a very different color
blue:

Plate 1x2 with Arm
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=4623

Bracket 1x2 - 1x4
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2436

I have quite a few of both of these parts and they are a noticably different
color of blue when placed adjacent to other blue elements.  There is one
more piece that is also a different hue but I can't recall off the top of my
head which one it is.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com