 General / 44362
  I Just Don't See It

So I've tried to forget about the color change and focus on sorting my LEGO and building some new models. While sorting, I've been keeping in the back of my mind what many have said: that LEGO has always had color variances in the pieces. Well after (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

"Chris Phillips" <drvegetable@attbi.com> wrote in message news:HpKu81.oGE@lugnet.com... [ ... ] (...) the (...) have a (...) still (...) I have seen the biggest color variations with blue. Most of my blue bricks are the same hue but many of the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) Perhaps this one, I have a bunch of these in blue that are a shade too light: (URL) Brick 1 x 1 with Handle> I have many of these in yellow with a sickly green tinge: (URL) Technic Liftarm 2 x 7 with 2 Ball Joints> And, here's an example of (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) I have to agree. If you are looking at new brick from around the same time period, then I think LEGO tends to have a very high color consistency. (...) I can't speak for anyone else, but something to came to mind when looking at the discussion (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) I bought a 2004 mini Star Wars set at the Imagination Center at the Mall of America last week, just to check out these new colors. There is a big different between the 'classic' dark grey and the new dark blue-grey, and a smaller difference (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) Ditto here last week (well, ok, not at the Mall of America). I'm on the 'Xmas' rule right now, which states quite clearly that I'm not to buy any Lego for myself until AFTER Xmas, but this was obviously an exception, since I NEED to see the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) Mark, Would you believe that I have multiple of the same part ( Technic, Liftarm 1 x 7 with Fan, p/n 32177) which came from R2-D2 that exhibit both of the shades that your picture shows above. I'm not convinced that both colors exist so much (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

I bought 5 5230 Explore tubs from Boscov's. They are supposed to have 10 orange or med yellow orange 2x2 duplo bricks in them. One tub had 10 all the same color. The other 4 tubs ALL had 8 "light orange" and 2 "orange". What was worse was when I put (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) I have yellows (produced within the same year) that are not the same shade. When the bricks are snapped together the color shift becomes obvious to me but not to my wife... although, I don't think she even looks when I ask :) I just recieved (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) I encountered one of these tubs at a CVS store today and picked it up. All the 'orange' 2x2s and 2x4s are the color that BL calls 'Medium Orange'. A few other parts in this color were found in the recent Walgreens boxes. (...) The greens in (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) This causes a big difference. Do not be fooled, this is the most annoying thing about building white models for me. A lot of my Lego is 20+ years old and has been in direct sunlight. The white is a totally different colour, it's really (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) Peter I agree. I too have a lot of old bricks. Many of the white mint bricks I have from the 1970's have "tanned" as well, due to sunlight. Interestingly enough, I think that Cellulose Acetate white bricks keep their whiteness better than ABS (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.general, FTX)