 General / 48021
Re: Complete LEGO color reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:24:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Huw Millington wrote:
I don't believe they have official names, only numbers. I have photographs
of a reference board hanging in the model shop at LLW that shows these
numbers and which may be of use:

They do have official names (many of them horribly confusing), but they're
probably regulated by the number codes.  It's certainly easier to look up a
color by number than by name, which is why paint chips use both (customers like
to know that they're getting "moldy cheese green" instead of "color #348", but
the guy who has to mix up their quart needs to be able to quickly and easily
look up the recipe so he knows how much of which color needs to be added to
achieve the color they asked for).  Besides, can you imagine trying to fit
"transparent medium blue" on one of those 2x2 white tiles?  And then hoping that
the guys on the floor don't accidentally run "transparent light blue"?