 General / 47998

Subject:
Complete LEGO color reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 05:44:33 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to create a LEGO color reference list were I want to link (match) the
different color naming systems together. At this moment I try to match up the
Peeron color names, BrickLink color names and the official LEGO color names. I
found some usefull web pages like http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors and
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorTree and the links at the bottom of this page.
The official LEGO color web page I have saved locally on my laptop and therefore
I don't know the link anymore.

The Peeron color guide is a good start but is not complete anymore. Linking to
the official LEGO colors is based upon a based guess principle.

Does anyone has a reference like the one I'm trying to compile or can you help
me with my attempt?

Thanks,
Stefan Sanders

Re: Complete LEGO color reference
On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 05:44:33 GMT, "Stefan Sanders"
I'm trying to create a LEGO color reference list were I want to link (match) the
different color naming systems together. At this moment I try to match up the
Peeron color names, BrickLink color names and the official LEGO color names. I
found some usefull web pages like http://www.peeron.com/inv/colors and
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorTree and the links at the bottom of this page.
The official LEGO color web page I have saved locally on my laptop and therefore
I don't know the link anymore.

The Peeron color guide is a good start but is not complete anymore. Linking to
the official LEGO colors is based upon a based guess principle.

Does anyone has a reference like the one I'm trying to compile or can you help
me with my attempt?

Thanks,
Stefan Sanders

Have a look at Clark Stephens' site:
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorRoots

Duq

Re: Complete LEGO color reference
The Peeron color guide is a good start but is not complete anymore.
Linking to the official LEGO colors is based upon a based guess principle.

Does anyone has a reference like the one I'm trying to compile or
can you help me with my attempt?

Have a look at Clark Stephens' site:
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorRoots

Duq

That's a better reference then the one on the Peeron site and it links the
BrickLink names and Peeron names together. But what about the official LEGO
color names?

Stefan.

Re: Complete LEGO color reference
I don't believe they have official names, only numbers. I have photographs
of a reference board hanging in the model shop at LLW that shows these
numbers and which may be of use:

http://www.brickish.org/members/files/hmillington/PIC00019.jpg
http://www.brickish.org/members/files/hmillington/PIC00020.jpg

They were taken a year or so ago so won't have the new bleys etc. on them.

Huw