 General / 40447
Re: What a downer :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 10:51:52 GMT

"Steve Burge" <steveburge@b_i_g_f_o_o_t.com> wrote in message
<snip> Video games have an advantage over board games in that you can play
them when no-one else is willing to play a game with you</snip>
Isn't that down to those same parents again? In our house we used to play
boardgames and do big jigsaws together, especially in winter time.

<snip>I also think playing a Video Game is better than just watching a TV
program, as at least with the game you are learning skills and solving
puzzles.</snip>
That'll really depend on the game and the TV program you're comparing. I'm
not sure how much you learn from endlessly playing doom-clones, and there
are lots of good educational TV programs on.

<snip>Musicians come up with new stuff all the time - but the record labels
deem it as 'not popular' or can't figure out how to market it so it doesn't
ever make it into the mainstream. Boo :( </snip>
This is heading for off-topic....
I know what you're saying. With current record company politics U2 would
never have made it. Their first two albums didn't sell that well. It's
amazing though what marketing can do. Absolute crap covers of 70's and 80's
hits that nobody needs sell like mad. How many cloned boybands does the
world need anyway?

Duq