 General / 37109
Re: LUGNET Terms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:03:13 GMT

In article <GxEHsF.Fy@lugnet.com>,
Car Lance <thelegoinsider@glance.ody.ca> wrote:
Hey, I'm kinda seeing a pattern here:  SNOT, BURPS, CRAPS, etc.  What will TLC
come up with next, FARTS?  POOPS?

Not TLC-- most of these come from rec.toys.lego. I'm fairly certain that the
Crummy Ramp-and-Pit Plate is Eric Pilcher's fault; not sure who originally
committed Studs-Not-On-Top or Big Ugly Rock Pieces.

In the same vein, people have indeed kept working on those names; POOP was
determined to be a Piece Out of Other Pieces, but as such things tend to
be, only the really worthwhile ones tend to stay in use; I only ever tend
to hear the terms SNOT and BURP; I suspect CRAPP would be in use if it were
still 1996 and every castle TLC made was perched atop one.

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
jd@forinash.not                                  ( <