 General / 37056
  LUGNET Terms

What are SNOT, BURPS, LURPS, CRAPPS, and other terms? I know SNOT means Studs Not On Top, and that burps and lurps mean like, mountain parts of something, but what do they stand for exactly? (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

Check here: "(URL) ;-) Franklin (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

(...) Hey, I'm kinda seeing a pattern here: SNOT, BURPS, CRAPS, etc. What will TLC come up with next, FARTS? POOPS? (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

(...) First of all, TLC didn't make these up, we the people of lugnet did. And there allready is a POOP: peice of other parts/peices. :-D --Kyle (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

(...) You will no doubt want to check out the Acro FAQ: (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

(...) Thanks guys. In case anyone else was wondering... BURP: Big Ugly Rock Piece - either of the mountain pieces, appearing usually in grey shades, but also tan, yellow, white and green. BURPMAN: Big Ugly Rock Person Made Annoyingly Nonmobile - (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  RE: LUGNET Terms

I would like to submit the following new acronym for consideration: SWAMP: Sticker Which Adheres to Multiple Pieces I've been privately referring to them as SWAMPs ever since I encountered them. I think it is very appropriate, especially as I am now (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

(...) Lest we get swamped with synonymous acronyms, check out "STAMP": (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  RE: LUGNET Terms

Whoops! I missed that one in my review of the acronym list. I certainly had no intention of adding a redundant entry to the already considerable list. Thanks for pointing that out. -Greg -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

(...) BURP and CRAPP predate LUGNET. These terms came from RTL, the usenet newsgroup formerly known as rec.toys.lego. I *think* SPUD and POOP also predate LUGNET, but I'm not sure... Steve (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Terms

(...) Not TLC-- most of these come from rec.toys.lego. I'm fairly certain that the Crummy Ramp-and-Pit Plate is Eric Pilcher's fault; not sure who originally committed Studs-Not-On-Top or Big Ugly Rock Pieces. In the same vein, people have indeed (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.general)