 General / 3107
  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) I think it's interesting to see that the model is built in the LEGO Technic style, meaning that the body is not "full", but rather outlined by beams and so on. Making a full body would be cool, but would undoubtedly weight too much and also (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

Even if I had the pieces I still wouldn't make a closed surface model. It simply doesn't look good. This plane has been build on a scale of 1:24 but to get the round curves right in Lego I should build it much larger. The other problem is that I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

Jeroen Ottens <ottens@get2net.dk> wrote in article <01be68a1$7908dd40$e...ottens>... (...) but (...) ^^^...^^^ That is valuable space of course;) (25 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) It's OK Jeroen, in English "Invaluable" means so Valuable it's beyond value: so you were right in the first place <g>. Kevin (25 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) I would like to see a detail of how you did the main landing gear. When I started my (aborted) attempt at an F-14, that is what I started with. Mine worked very well, rotating 90 degrees as it moved up into the wing root, but it was not (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

The main landinggear movement is controlled by three gears, 2 24 tooth normal gears and 1 24 tooth cam-gear (if that's the name of it). One of the 24 tooth gears is locked, the other is the driving one. They are placed opposite of each other with 2 (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:02:39 GMT, "Jeroen Ottens" <ottens@get2net.dk> wrote: I think I have a hazy idea of what you described. Or perhaps a "foggy" idea. :-) It sounds simple, anyway. My version is really quite simple, and I will try to do a mostly (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) I nsee you're using MS Internet News. Doesn't that have a facility to automatically incorporate a ".sig" after your post? You could just have the usual disclaimers: "all opinions expressed herein my own view not those of my employer blah (...) (25 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tomcat for view

(...) Jeroen, I have posted an LDraw file to lugnet.cad.dat - "Design study - F14 Main Gear". It shows it pretty well. You do have LDraw and LDLite installed and configured to view .DAT files from the server, right? :-) If you don't, I can toss a (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)