 General / 30655
Re: Sopwith Camel pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 20:48:41 GMT

tnt@arnesson.nu (Tobbe Arnesson) writes:

I have pre dark ages bricks that used to be white too. But they have
been stored in light secure boxes and such so I have no clue how that
occured, I suppose it's aging in the plastic.

On the subject of my 5580 Highway Rig which was on display, I clearly
noted that only the visible white parts had yellowed.  The parts of the
plates that were covered with other parts, for example, were not
yellowed.  This leads me into believing that it's the light that yellows
the parts.

Could it be that your white parts were already yellowed before you put
them into the light secure boxes?  Perhaps you did not notice/care about
this effect at the time?

Or it could be that the light exposure to the parts had started a
photographic process which continued during the storage period?  This
is, BTW, how photographic paper work.  The exposure takes place, and
then the paper is put into a catalyst liquid (aka developer liquid),
which turns the exposed parts black.  The paper doesn't actually turn
black during the exposure.

Fredrik