 General / 28781
Re: Ageing Lego Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:36:02 GMT

I've heard about people putting bricks in a solution of bleach for over a
week to get rid of the "yellowing" of the white bricks.

If anyone has details on this process, I'd like to hear them.

I don't know about the problems with them not fitting properly.

Brad

Guido Heunen <heunen@crys.chem.uva.nl> wrote in message
Hi

Recently I looked into boxes containing some older lego bricks • (1970-1985), and
I was very unhappy when I tried to build something. What happend is that • these
bricks don't fit anymore easily. I had to force them to be connected. To
deconnect them I had to put (of course) a lot of force on them.

An other problem is that all the white bricks (for sure the older ones) • change
colour. Although I keep them in a dark container. For this reason I don't • want
to construct my "white" models
(such as the hospital (town) and space shuttle (technic))
because the sunlight (and maybe normal light) makes this problem even • worse.

Did someone have the same experience and what can I do.

Guido