 Events / LEGO World / *90 (-20)
Re: LEGO World 2012
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2012 19:52:13 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.events.legoworld, Tore Eriksson wrote:

I'm planning to visit LEGO World 2012, probably just Feb 16.

I'll be there with some coworkers from Billund.  It will be great to
meet in person, Tore!

I'll be in town (as usual).  With a bit of coersion, I might be talked
into going to Lego World.

I could also give a guided tour to see
<http://sascha.mehlhase.info/physics.php this model>.  Just let me know
a few days in advance.

Jacob,

It's looking like Thursday the 16th is a work day for me, and I am more flexible
Friday and Saturday. So, consider this coercion. :-) Would there be room for a
couple people to join?

Tim

P.S. If this coercion isn't sufficient, I could coerce further in liquid form
later.

Re: LEGO World 2012
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:46:55 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.events.legoworld, Tore Eriksson wrote:

I'm planning to visit LEGO World 2012, probably just Feb 16.

I'll be there with some coworkers from Billund.  It will be great to
meet in person, Tore!

I'll be in town (as usual).  With a bit of coersion, I might be talked
into going to Lego World.

I could also give a guided tour to see
<http://sascha.mehlhase.info/physics.php this model>.  Just let me know
a few days in advance.

Play well,

Jacob
--
City X'ers mail van (building instructions):
           http://lego.sparre-andersen.dk/CityXers/Postbil/

Re: LEGO World 2012
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 21:59:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Tore Eriksson wrote:
I'm planning to visit LEGO World 2012, probably just Feb 16.
http://www.legoworld.dk/
Anybody else plan to go there? Would be nice to see you there. :)

/Tore

I'll be there with some coworkers from Billund.  It will be great to meet in
person, Tore!

Tim

Subject:
LEGO World 2012
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 21:52:34 GMT

I'm planning to visit LEGO World 2012, probably just Feb 16.
http://www.legoworld.dk/
Anybody else plan to go there? Would be nice to see you there. :)

/Tore

Subject:
Pictures from LEGO World 2009 in Copenhagen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 11:39:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've published my pictures from my day at LEGO World 2009 in Copenhagen here:

   http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Om_LEGO/LEGO_World/2009-K%F8benhavn/

It was great fun.  We spent a whole day there.  Unfortunately I didn't take
pictures of all the nice fan creations.  (We were too busy chatting to their
creators.)

Play well,

Jacob
--
Bus stop:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Milj%F8er/Bregnerod/Busstoppested/

Subject:
Pictures from Legoworld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 23:08:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I’ve finally organised my pictures from Legoworld, back in October.

Brikshelf link is this once moderated: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=156720

Some previews, starting with my model of the actual Royal Train - the train and the windmill layout all had to fit in airline luggage:
Royal Train

Reinhard ‘Ben’ Beneke’s coal loading crane and trainyard:
Coaling Crane
And if you look around the other pictures from the yard, you’ll find a certain engine straying from its usual tracks...

.trains people should also look out for a neat sand green box girder bridge, and some more pictures of Megan Rothrock’s wonderful ‘Tragon’ (got to make myself one of these...).

Others should look for Mark Stafford’s huge ‘Gothica’ space carrier with all its detachable fighters, his ‘Cthulego Rising’ scene, a massive Hoth battle scene, and a huge ruined castle - those are Belville figures sitting around it, not minifigs.

Enjoy.

Jason Railton

Subject:
Tragon - Not a train, not a dragon...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:47:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is the first online moc by my girlfriend and photographer Megan Rothrock.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Megs/Tragon/002.jpg

After moderation:

Please post any comments!

Mark.
(for Megan)

Subject:
GBC at LegoWorld 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 20:27:12 GMT

Photos and videos of the LW2005 GBC are available here:

http://philohome.com/gbc/gbc-lw05.htm

Enjoy!

Philo

Subject:
Pinball INFO - passed on from builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:05:05 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

After an email exchange with Gerrit Bronsveld from the Netherlands, and due to
the fact that he doesnt have a Lugnet account, he passed on the info to share,
and has told me that he has taken many photos and will be posting them to
Brickshelf (under the name - geobot) in the next few days... Keep your eyes
open.

For now... this is what he shared with me......

----start----

Here are some facts....
13 RCX units that communicatie all togethers (in 2 communication chambers)each
has a seperate program.

Games played: so far more than 400 children played a game at LegoWorld
2005(without any real malfunction)
High score so far:  3640

Build Time: +300 hours
Number of parts: +20,000 bricks
Weight: 30 Kg
Design & Idea by: Gerrit Bronsveld

Build by: Gerrit Bronsveld and Martijn Boogaarts

Program: NQC (by Gerrit Bronsveld, +100 pages A4), multi state, multi
tasking, asynchonous communication techniques

Lego: 99,99% (except for ball, some alu-paper in the communcation
chambers
and the paper for the display rolls)

Smarties

  a.. Removable RCX-computers for fast battery replacement
  b.. Asynchrone points display Display (display is much slower then points are
collected, but its always correct)
  c.. 2 IR (infra rood) communication chambers
  d.. Chamber A: 1 RCX (GC Game Controller) talks with 6 other RCX
units
(Display, Flippers, New Ball, PINBALL)
  e.. Chamber B: 1 RCX (PC Point Collector) talks with 5 other RCX
units(Gates, Bumpers and Targets)
  f.. Communicatie between the 2 chambers via Rotation Sensors
  g.. Tilt Switch (simple but effective)
  h.. Flipper protection, abuse of the flippers is punished by
temperarally
blocking the flippers
  i.. Real working Coin-In mechanismn. Wrong coins are rejected.

Features

  a.. Grand-Slam upper level (lits P I N B A LL)
  b.. Top Gate (3 lanes)  (1 point each, 10 points for all 3)
  c.. Touch sensitive rotation bumbers (1 point each, 10 points for all 3)
  d.. Bottom Gates (3 lanes) (1 point each, 10 points for all 3)
  e.. 3 Drop Down Targets (10 points each, 50 for all 3)
  f.. 3 Hit targets (10 points each, 50 for all three)
  g.. Kicker Door (gives 10 points)
  h.. 1 Exit Gate with Switch (when special is lit, extra ball+100 points)
  i.. Kick Back function (10 Points)

  a.. Demo mode (everything starts blinking)
  b.. SPECIAL Mode (red Lamp, gives 100 points)
  c.. Extra Ball function
  d.. Points Display 0 to 99999 (is always correct)
  e.. Tilt Switch
  f.. Collection P I N B A LL letters (gives special)
  g.. Black Hole (opens and closes automatic for Special Mode and Extra Ball)
  h.. High-Score function
  i.. Coin Insert function

Used Electrische parts

Quantity - Element - Fucntion (s)

13 - RCX computers
GC Game Controller
PC Points Collector
Kick Back Detection
NB New Ball
DA Points Display: 1-Rol, 10-Rol, 100-Rol
DB Points Display: 1-Rol, 10-Rol, 100-Rol
FP Flippers: Grand slam Detection, Flippers
DT DropTarget
HT Hit Target
TG Top Gates
BG Bottom Gates
RB Rotatie Bumpers
PX Pinball display PIN
PY Pinball display BALL

9 - Light Sensor
1 in Coin-in Detect
1 in Hole Ball Detect
1 in Auto Kickback
6 in Grand Slam

13 Rotation Sensor
3 in Rotation Bumpers
6 in Display Rolls
4 in communication

18 Touch Sensor
4 in Tilt switch
7 in Gates
6 in Display Rolls
1 in ball out detect

24 Motors
1 in New Ball motor
1 in Drop Hole
3 in Drop Targets
3 in Rotatie Bumpers
6 in Punten Display
2 in Communication
6 in Flipper (2 per flipper)
1 in Auto Kickback
1 Micro motor at shooter door

4 Train Transformators

10 Net adaptors

50+ Lamps
2 in Hole
3 in Info scherm
7 in Gates
3 in Hit Target
1 in Ball Out detect
34 in PINBALL display (schakelbaar in 6 groepen)

150 Wires - more then 100 meter

2 Rotation LEDS - points communicator
with 9V adapter

----end----

Wow, I'm just tired thinking about it, what a creation!
Janey "Red Brick"
c/o the Pinball Wizards

Re: Pinball wizard (was Re: Legoworld 2005)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:12:00 GMT

Show me more. I love Lego and robotics, but I used to love Pinball
even more. What is the big LED display?
How do the lower bumpers work?
What kind of sensors are used?

I hope we can get one of the creators to respond, it is such a
brilliant project. I would love to see the guts of it as well as
hearing more of its creation.
Danny

--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Build Robots

On 25/10/05, Larry Pieniazek at@at dot.dot
<larmiltontrainworkscom@qs483.pair.com> wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

And, here's a full-sized pinball machine, that appears to use at least 13
RCXs.

WOW!!!

Hmmm, sometimes a picture says a thousand words, and other times it just
leaves
a thousand questions!!!

I would love to hear a report about the building, mechanics, playability and
any
other information available for that pinball machine.

Starting at the least with the builders name.

If any Lugnet reader has the scoop, or can connect me with the person that
does,
or actually made it... please link them to this request.

Janey "Red Brick"

(walks away singing "Always gets a replay, never tilts at all!")

I posted about this a few days ago. (in what I thought was the right group but
maybe should have copied more groups? :
http://news.lugnet.com/events/legoworld/?n=77  ) One of the co-creators sent
me
quite the amazing writeup about this creation, the project is more impressive
than it first appears. In fairness, I shouldn't post what he said, he ought to
do it himself and get the glory, because glory is certainly due!!!

Xpost a few groups, FUT lugnet.events.legoworld

Re: Pinball!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:38:06 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.events.legoworld, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Browsing through the BrickShelf folders, I spotted this:

Who knows more about that? It looks like a life size pinball machine. Very cool.

Strange. I see - nothing at all there.

Here's a pic (deep link)-

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/dirkplug/lw2005/day1/img_8915.jpg

Adr.

Re: Pinball!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:08:38 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Browsing through the BrickShelf folders, I spotted this:

Who knows more about that? It looks like a life size pinball machine. Very cool.

Strange. I see - nothing at all there.

Re: Pinball wizard (was Re: Legoworld 2005)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2005 01:37:19 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Pinball!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 12:28:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Browsing through the BrickShelf folders, I spotted this:

Who knows more about that? It looks like a life size pinball machine. Very cool.

Subject:
LW webcam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:29:34 GMT

Hi,

Eventhough the connection is not as good as we wish, you should be able to see some pictures from LEGOWORLD through a webcam here (Best rate of two images per minutes.)

Subject:
Strongest bridge contest at LEGOWorld 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.org.fr.freelug, lugnet.org.it.itlug
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 13:45:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

FreeLUG (with the agreement of organizators) would like to organize a building contest : build the strongest bridge with LEGO Parts.

If you like building bridge with LEGO parts, and want to test the resistance of it, this challenge is for you :-). You will see that LEGO bricks can support heavy charge.

The goal is to build the most resistant 100 studs long bridge.

Every LEGOWorld’s exhibitors and volunteers are welcome for this challenge.

the contest will take place on saturday, 22th October.

the complete rules of this contest are here in english and here in french

if something is unclear or if you have any question, please ask us (me or in this thread).

we hope to see a lot of bridge

See you,

Jean-Louis Bergamo

Re: The Great Ball Contraption at LEGOWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:26:11 GMT

Hello BrIan :-)

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Brian Davis wrote:

   LEGOWorld is in a very huge Hall. the only thing i have to check is : do we have enough table for all our Modules :-)

The fact that it is in one big room means that the noise from the GBC will probably attract even more spectators - I wish I could be there to see it!

we will take a lot of shots and films. maybe we will put a webcam during exposition (i said maybe. it is not sure)

   In addition to power for all the modules, have you given any thought to how to “close the loop” in the GBC? At BrickFest we did this with a rather complicated trains system, that *mostly* worked (in debriefing after BrickFest, this was something we decided needed some work). Do you have any similar ideas, or are you going to move balls from the last module to the first module by hand? Moving them by hand requires somebody be there to do that, but you will likely need people there anyway anytime it is running.

we won’t move balls by hand (or only if we want to punish someone :-)) we have some modules that we can change the length, so we will try to close the loop with them. i wanted to create a train GBC module, but didn’t have time :-(

This is the “other Brian” (I was the other “GBC slave” that provided part of the train backbone for the BrickFest GBC, and brought the “forklift module” (Gus). Yes, both of us were “Bry/ians”, just to add the confusion behind the tables that day). But I would love to, someday, and I really wanted to thank you for coming to BrickFest... and bringing modules! It was wonderful to see LEGO cooperation between continents.

It was very pleasant to be at brickfest and saw so marvelous creations (GBC and others). i hope to go back to brickfest next year with more creation (even if i come so far).

   I wish we could loan you some of our GBC modules, but I’m not sure how to get them there (or if they would survive - my modules are not nearly as streamlined and reliable as some of the ones you brought).

Sending modules by post is a very bad idea, even if your module is very strong. i don’t think postmen will take care of your packet.

The best thing to do, if you want, is to give me (or someone else who come to legoworld) a building instruction for your module (Mlcad or photos). We will try to build it for legoworld. I know it is a lot of work, so do what you want to do :-)

thanks,

Jean-Louis

Re: The Great Ball Contraption at LEGOWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:28:19 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Jean-Louis Bergamo wrote:

   LEGOWorld is in a very huge Hall. the only thing i have to check is : do we have enough table for all our Modules :-)

The fact that it is in one big room means that the noise from the GBC will probably attract even more spectators - I wish I could be there to see it!

   Infrastructure is key to reliability

ok. i will think about this before setting anything.

In addition to power for all the modules, have you given any thought to how to “close the loop” in the GBC? At BrickFest we did this with a rather complicated trains system, that *mostly* worked (in debriefing after BrickFest, this was something we decided needed some work). Do you have any similar ideas, or are you going to move balls from the last module to the first module by hand? Moving them by hand requires somebody be there to do that, but you will likely need people there anyway anytime it is running.

   will you come to LEGOWorld one day ?

This is the “other Brian” (I was the other “GBC slave” that provided part of the train backbone for the BrickFest GBC, and brought the “forklift module” (Gus). Yes, both of us were “Bry/ians”, just to add the confusion behind the tables that day). But I would love to, someday, and I really wanted to thank you for coming to BrickFest... and bringing modules! It was wonderful to see LEGO cooperation between continents. I wish we could loan you some of our GBC modules, but I’m not sure how to get them there (or if they would survive - my modules are not nearly as streamlined and reliable as some of the ones you brought).

-- Brian Davis

Re: The Great Ball Contraption at LEGOWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:04:58 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:
   Jean-Louis,

Hello Bryan,

   As one of the GBC Slaves from BrickFest, I would like to offer a little advise.

hehe i was at brickfest too : here at left, and saw you and your robot :-)

   You can use it or ignore it...either way, I wish you the best at pulling together another GBC...We all had a blast with it at BrickFest in spite of the amount of work!!! And the looks on children’s faces as they watched it run were priceless.

any advice is good to hear. Even if i saw the brickfest’s GBC, it may be some things i didn’t notice.

   1) Make sure the room is big enough...ours wasn’t quite large enough and needed risers about 10 feet from the table for people to stand on and see

this problem will not occur at LEGOWorld, because, instead of Brickfest, LEGOWorld is in a very huge Hall. the only thing i have to check is : do we have enough table for all our Modules :-)

   2) Get plenty of outlet strips and tables in place before you start setting up...Infrastructure is key to reliability

ok. i will think about this before setting anything.

   3) Make sure the air conditioner works, because when the room fills with people, it will get warm and sticky...even in October in Northern Europe.

hehe :-) no air conditioner in hall. so very cold at morning, and hot during the day (with many thousands visitors per day, the hal become quickly very hot :-)). So no choice about that :-/

   For anyone else: GBC modules are fun. And, no matter how simple or complex, they are all good modules. The more you have, the more fun it is!!!

thanks for your support and advice, Bryan.

will you come to LEGOWorld one day ?

Bye,

Jean-Louis,

Re: The Great Ball Contraption at LEGOWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:56:23 GMT

Jean-Louis,

As one of the GBC Slaves from BrickFest, I would like to offer a little advise.

You can use it or ignore it...either way, I wish you the best at pulling together another GBC...We all had a blast with it at BrickFest in spite of the amount of work!!! And the looks on children’s faces as they watched it run were priceless.

Anyway, my advise:

1) Make sure the room is big enough...ours wasn’t quite large enough and needed risers about 10 feet from the table for people to stand on and see

2) Get plenty of outlet strips and tables in place before you start setting up...Infrastructure is key to reliability

3) Make sure the air conditioner works, because when the room fills with people, it will get warm and sticky...even in October in Northern Europe.

For anyone else: GBC modules are fun. And, no matter how simple or complex, they are all good modules. The more you have, the more fun it is!!!

Bryan

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact