 Events / LEGO World / 72
Re: The Great Ball Contraption at LEGOWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:04:58 GMT

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:
   Jean-Louis,

Hello Bryan,

   As one of the GBC Slaves from BrickFest, I would like to offer a little advise.

hehe i was at brickfest too : here at left, and saw you and your robot :-)

   You can use it or ignore it...either way, I wish you the best at pulling together another GBC...We all had a blast with it at BrickFest in spite of the amount of work!!! And the looks on children’s faces as they watched it run were priceless.

any advice is good to hear. Even if i saw the brickfest’s GBC, it may be some things i didn’t notice.

   1) Make sure the room is big enough...ours wasn’t quite large enough and needed risers about 10 feet from the table for people to stand on and see

this problem will not occur at LEGOWorld, because, instead of Brickfest, LEGOWorld is in a very huge Hall. the only thing i have to check is : do we have enough table for all our Modules :-)

   2) Get plenty of outlet strips and tables in place before you start setting up...Infrastructure is key to reliability

ok. i will think about this before setting anything.

   3) Make sure the air conditioner works, because when the room fills with people, it will get warm and sticky...even in October in Northern Europe.

hehe :-) no air conditioner in hall. so very cold at morning, and hot during the day (with many thousands visitors per day, the hal become quickly very hot :-)). So no choice about that :-/

   For anyone else: GBC modules are fun. And, no matter how simple or complex, they are all good modules. The more you have, the more fun it is!!!

thanks for your support and advice, Bryan.

will you come to LEGOWorld one day ?

Bye,

Jean-Louis,