 Events / LEGO World / 74
Re: The Great Ball Contraption at LEGOWorld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.legoworld
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:26:11 GMT

Hello BrIan :-)

In lugnet.events.legoworld, Brian Davis wrote:

   LEGOWorld is in a very huge Hall. the only thing i have to check is : do we have enough table for all our Modules :-)

The fact that it is in one big room means that the noise from the GBC will probably attract even more spectators - I wish I could be there to see it!

we will take a lot of shots and films. maybe we will put a webcam during exposition (i said maybe. it is not sure)

   In addition to power for all the modules, have you given any thought to how to “close the loop” in the GBC? At BrickFest we did this with a rather complicated trains system, that *mostly* worked (in debriefing after BrickFest, this was something we decided needed some work). Do you have any similar ideas, or are you going to move balls from the last module to the first module by hand? Moving them by hand requires somebody be there to do that, but you will likely need people there anyway anytime it is running.

we won’t move balls by hand (or only if we want to punish someone :-)) we have some modules that we can change the length, so we will try to close the loop with them. i wanted to create a train GBC module, but didn’t have time :-(

This is the “other Brian” (I was the other “GBC slave” that provided part of the train backbone for the BrickFest GBC, and brought the “forklift module” (Gus). Yes, both of us were “Bry/ians”, just to add the confusion behind the tables that day). But I would love to, someday, and I really wanted to thank you for coming to BrickFest... and bringing modules! It was wonderful to see LEGO cooperation between continents.

It was very pleasant to be at brickfest and saw so marvelous creations (GBC and others). i hope to go back to brickfest next year with more creation (even if i come so far).

   I wish we could loan you some of our GBC modules, but I’m not sure how to get them there (or if they would survive - my modules are not nearly as streamlined and reliable as some of the ones you brought).

Sending modules by post is a very bad idea, even if your module is very strong. i don’t think postmen will take care of your packet.

The best thing to do, if you want, is to give me (or someone else who come to legoworld) a building instruction for your module (Mlcad or photos). We will try to build it for legoworld. I know it is a lot of work, so do what you want to do :-)

thanks,

Jean-Louis