 Events / BricksWest / 648
Re: Transcript of Keynote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:46:12 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Jason Maxwell writes:
In lugnet.events.brickswest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Herewith an unedited transcript of the Keynote... corrected version to follow

BricksWest 2003 announcements and Keynote speech

Also doing a space shuttle model called “Discovery” it is a partnership with
the Discovery channel. It has been on the drawing board for a long time and
we are NOT going to postpone these, come out as scheduled as a tribute to
the Columbia astronauts. NASA agrees.. do NOT pull it from the shelves. Get
it into peoiples minds and get kids excited

*applause*

It's probably too late to rename the set to Columbia (And I'm sure the
Discovery Channel being the sponsor would want to keep the Discovery name),
but it would be nice if LEGO could make a Columbia sticker/brick available
through S@H to replace the Discovery one in the set.

I actually asked Brad about names after the Q&A and he said there was no
interest in changing the name of the shuttle.  I asked if there would be
another set of stickers ever provided with the different names and he said
no.  So if we want a Columbia, somebody can make a batch of stickers that
replicates the style of the set.

Adrian