 Events / BricksWest / 632
Re: Transcript of Keynote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:59:45 GMT

I don't want to start a war with one of our star singers from last nite but
I think Scott might be mixing two memories together.

The "even you Brendan" reference was from the early part of Brads talk
before any questions... as I said  Brad said in the transcript (and i owe a
better copy, soon, soon..)

"The most important message from LEGO is this: “we trust you with our
brand”. We trust you to do the right things and not dishonor the brand… Even
Brendan!"

That was before any questions, so it wasn't a comment that was attached to
the "dark" LoTR answer.

Thats my recollection anyway. I wouldn't make too much of it but I did type
that entire transcript in the order it was said...

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Scott Costello writes:
While it is still somewhat fresh in my mind I will try to paint the picture.
A young girl asked about the posiblity of doing a Lord of the Rings licence,
and Brad said that the movies were just too dark and violent to co-mingle
with TLC's image and corporate strategy. (Side note: no problem with
Jurassic Park III though?) Brad then said that the body of work represented
by the things created by the people there in the room was exactly what TLC
was hoping for, and that they trusted us as AFOL's to not use the brick
inappropriately. At that point he looked directly at Brendan and said "Even
your stuff Brendan" or something like that, which is what prompted Brendan's
question.

Another side note, I echo Brad's sentiment The Revrends stuff is
consistantly great, and it's great to see a nod from someone at TLC.

Scott

In lugnet.events.brickswest, James Trobaugh writes:
What is this about? When/where was Brendan being singled out? Did I miss
something?

jt

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Brendan Smith: Why were you singling me out? Do I do something that is
contrary to values, or that I am doing things that are congruent?
A; the latter… three are people that have questioned it but they are wrong…
you are honoring the brand and being very creativewe would not be happy with
exceedingly violent