 Events / BricksWest / 635
Re: Transcript of Keynote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 03:28:03 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Herewith an unedited transcript of the Keynote... corrected version to follow

<many thanks due to Lar for running this up>

<snippage>

There was a meeting in Enfield a few weeks ago to talk about what LD and TLC
can do that the organizers themselves can’t do. Not to do models or whatever
but to support the organizers way of doing things. That is, to do things
like venues, marketing, public relations and building awareness etc.

It is not about LD specifically focusing on adults as a market but rather
about people who have a passion for the  brand, and who want to share it…
that sharing with kids and their families as well as the inter adult
sharing. What the kids see at events is that stuff IS in reach. Miniland is
great but not something that kids can do.

The most important message from LEGO is this: “we trust you with our brand”.
We trust you to do the right things and not dishonor the brand… Even Brendan!

Wow...just.. wow.

I'm surprised no one else jumped on this bit of news yet... IMO, this is way
more a big thing than new sets or the like; even the tie-in with NASA and
the planetary group, cool though it is, doesn't make me sit up like this chunk.

"We trust you with our brand."

When's the last time a senior veep of a toy company said that to *anyone*
let alone a bunch of fans?  And not just 'said' it, but tagged it as a
message from the company.

Thank you.

James