 Events / BrickFest / 3672
Re: Stressing the elements & Calum's Harborfront talk?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:34:49 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kirsten Lynch wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Calum Tsang wrote:

Here's the slides to my talk, which, in retrospect, wasn't half as interesting
as Jamie's.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/presentations/rtlToronto-Brickfest2006-Harbourfront.ppt

Calum

It was still impressive!!  You guys did a great job with Harbourfest!!

You guys are far too kind :)

I made a point of going to more talks this year and I enjoyed all of
them--Jamie's was really neat to see the other side of building models, to hear
how they are constrained by corporate rules and a quality measure...I also liked
hearing about capital ship building from spacers like Chris Giddens and Adrian
Drake.  I don't build space stuff, but it was cool to hear what considerations
these folks put into building these huge yet intricate displays.

I went to an NXT Q&A too...got to really see where the NXT was headed from the
fan side, which was great.  It was nice of the MDP to set those up.

Calum