 Events / BrickFest / 3331
Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:31:03 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
   If anyone has good video, I’d like to take a look at it. I didn’t get much video, but I was asked by TLG if I can provide some clips that they can put on their web site.

About the only video I did get (Thanks to Heather) was when KKK came back Sunday night after everything shut down, to check out my Connect Four robot, and Legway. That was pretty cool.

Steve

I taped the entire loop Saturday starting from my pirate ship. I forgot to tape Gus (sorry, Brian!) and the train unloading itself into the module just after Gus. The module layout on the high-maintenance side of the table changed after my recording, too, but I got almost everything. It will be a few days before I’m able to digitize and compress the video since I have to borrow a different camera with a Firewire port.

This was my first BrickFest, and I’m happy to have been part of a very successful room. Thanks, Steve and Brian, for creating the GBC, because it’s a lot of fun.

Make sure whatever venue Christina chooses next year has a bigger room, though. :D

Also, could either of you send me the RCX program that runs the trains? I’d like to experiment with that at home. Thanks!