 Events / BrickFest / 3091
  The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

As previously announced (URL), we will be assembling a Great Ball Contraption (URL) at this year's BrickFest. At the same time, we will be attempting to set a new world record for the Largest Rube Goldberg machine (URL) with our Great Ball (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) This is such a neat project Steve, thanks so much for organizing it. Several people have emailed me having seen it on other sites like: (URL) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) well???? tick tick tick what happened? can i see the GBC in "da books yet" how did it go? Chris (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) Well, Steve may have more infomation coming, but for now... It Went Terrific!! We had more than 40 modules built by 30+ builders in a rectangular layout serviced by two trains running in one loop with (at one point) eight loading & unloading (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) ... (...) I didn't know you cared. :) Actually, it went very, very well. It was more successful than we expected. I hope to write something up, but right now I'm just trying to relax. If anyone has good video, I'd like to take a look at it. I (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) I taped the entire loop Saturday starting from my pirate ship. I forgot to tape Gus (sorry, Brian!) and the train unloading itself into the module just after Gus. The module layout on the high-maintenance side of the table changed after my (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) Nothing to apologize about - Gus was out there "on his own" because we wanted to make sure everybody *elses* modules got in. Gus has been videoed before. The only thing I wanted a video of with respect to that was the amazed looks on so many (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

Okay, here's a low-res video of the GBC. It doesn't show my module for very long; the camera was still setting itself up to record and I thought I had stood there long enough, but I hadn't. Anyway, it runs for 9:39, has a couple spots where I had to (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) That's a nice video. It shows all the modules that we had in the loop (at that time). How big is the hi-res version? (...) I'll see if I can get the MLCad drawings posted early next week. Thanks for taking part Steve (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) "Terrific" is a pretty general response...I would add the following: 1) GBC exceeded all of our expectations as we prepared for Brickfest 2) The room was NOT large enough to accomodate the GBC or the crowd 3) I watched as many kids were simply (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest

(...) 1.94 GB, which is the full resolution capture from the video camera. I'm going to edit it slightly when I have time, and that will make it smaller, but probably not by much. (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)