 Events / BrickFest / 3332
Re: BrickFest Photo Gallery Online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   BrickFest Photos!

Some preliminary photos (sans captions) are now available on the BrickFest web site in the new Photo Gallery.

I would like to invite any attendees who would like to share their photos of this event to email them to webmaster@brickfest.com, and I’ll put them online with photo credits.

...aaaaaaand once more, this time as I wipe the egg off my face...

I’ve just been informed that my ISP has throttled the max size of email attachments to 8MB - that’s new and unexpected. Anyone who has sent a large email attachment that bounced, if you could please break them into 8MB or less chunks, I would appreciate it.

I apologize for this runaround, I’m quite embarrased by it. My intent was to have the gallery open for BF registered users to upload their own photos, but for various reasons too mundane to detail, I didn’t manage to get it quite there - mea culpa. However, the response about the photo gallery has been generally positive and I would really like to get the software updated soon (e.g. within the next couple of weeks) to be able to display some of the great photos everybody was taking this last weekend.

One other way of sending me images, if it’s easier for you: you can FTP them to my server, please email me at webmaster@brickfest.com for details (I don’t want to post that publicly for security reasons). There is absolutely NO size limit on that, I double-checked this time. Really. I did.

Thanks,
Kelly