 Events / BrickFest / 3091
    The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Steve Hassenplug
   As previously announced (URL), we will be assembling a Great Ball Contraption (URL) at this year's BrickFest. At the same time, we will be attempting to set a new world record for the Largest Rube Goldberg machine (URL) with our Great Ball (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce) !

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Christina Hitchcock
     (...) This is such a neat project Steve, thanks so much for organizing it. Several people have emailed me having seen it on other sites like: (URL) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Chris Magno
   (...) well???? tick tick tick what happened? can i see the GBC in "da books yet" how did it go? Chris (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Brian Davis
     (...) Well, Steve may have more infomation coming, but for now... It Went Terrific!! We had more than 40 modules built by 30+ builders in a rectangular layout serviced by two trains running in one loop with (at one point) eight loading & unloading (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

         Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Bryan Bonahoom
     (...) "Terrific" is a pretty general response...I would add the following: 1) GBC exceeded all of our expectations as we prepared for Brickfest 2) The room was NOT large enough to accomodate the GBC or the crowd 3) I watched as many kids were simply (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) ... (...) I didn't know you cared. :) Actually, it went very, very well. It was more successful than we expected. I hope to write something up, but right now I'm just trying to relax. If anyone has good video, I'd like to take a look at it. I (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Jordan Bradford
   (...) I taped the entire loop Saturday starting from my pirate ship. I forgot to tape Gus (sorry, Brian!) and the train unloading itself into the module just after Gus. The module layout on the high-maintenance side of the table changed after my (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Brian Davis
   (...) Nothing to apologize about - Gus was out there "on his own" because we wanted to make sure everybody *elses* modules got in. Gus has been videoed before. The only thing I wanted a video of with respect to that was the amazed looks on so many (...) (19 years ago, 17-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Jordan Bradford
   Okay, here's a low-res video of the GBC. It doesn't show my module for very long; the camera was still setting itself up to record and I thought I had stood there long enough, but I hadn't. Anyway, it runs for 9:39, has a couple spots where I had to (...) (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) That's a nice video. It shows all the modules that we had in the loop (at that time). How big is the hi-res version? (...) I'll see if I can get the MLCad drawings posted early next week. Thanks for taking part Steve (19 years ago, 19-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

        Re: The Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest —Jordan Bradford
   (...) 1.94 GB, which is the full resolution capture from the video camera. I'm going to edit it slightly when I have time, and that will make it smaller, but probably not by much. (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)