 Events / BrickFest / 2712
Re: BrickFest 2004 Announces Dirty Brickster Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:50:11 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:

How do you keep track that something has been stolen 3 times?  If a lot of
people are involved, it could get quite confusing.  Of course, I presume you
have some experience in this, and I should just trust that you know what your
doing. :)  But.. just in case, I thought I would suggest stickers.  Each time
something is stolen, it gets a sticker.  Three stickers and its done.

Stickers are fine if you don't trust the players.

But unless you have 60 people playing in one game or something, it's not a
problem to keep track and stickers are overkill. The person who stole it the
third time (who presumably plotted carefully to get that outcome, I know it's
never an accident when I achieve it (1)) is going to let you know, vehemently
and gleefully, and there will be enough people to corroborate it that there
won't be any doubt.

I see no need for stickers here, in my view, introduction of stickers suggests
we're not a big happy family.

(I'm a "White Elephant" (what we call it in the Lockwood family) player(1) for
over 25 years)

++Lar

1 - considered by some as a master of most of the common strategems for gift
lockdown