 Events / BrickFest / 2711
Re: Brickfest Events Schedule Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:48:53 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Thomas Main wrote:
I was looking at the events schedule for Brickfest today.  I was trying to
decide which sessions I wanted to attend and a few questions came to mind.
Rather than e-mail the event coordinators, I thought I'd post about it since
other people might benefit from the answers too.

Collector's Roundtable hosted by Brian Darrow
Is this about collecting Lego sets?  Is there any particular time period that is
going to be discussed?

Thomas,
Thank you for your question.

I would love to get together with AFOLs who see themselves as set collectors to
have an open discussion about their interest.  I know some collect certain
themes, some certain years, some must have the boxes, and some except nothing
less than MISB for their collections.  Depending on the size of the group I hope
to discuss (and here from others) some of the topics above as well as:  how,
when and why they started collecting LEGO sets,  how they store their
collections and possibly even some show & tell time.  I’d love meet some other
big time collectors out there and hopefully this will be an opportunity for us
to share our views on collecting with each other.  I welcome any and all
questions from those interested in attending this roundtable.

Joe Meno already posted my roundtable description submitted to BrickFest and
I’ll include it here for those that didn’t see it earlier.

“A roundtable discussion of the unique aspects of collecting LEGO sets.
Participants will be invited to discuss their "collectable LEGO" interests and
bring some of their collection to show. Topics shall include but are not limited
to: Collecting specific themes; collecting sets MISB; collecting antique LEGO
vehicles; how large collections are stored and displayed.”

See ya in Arlington,
Brian Darrow