 Events / BrickFest / 2545
Re: Pick a Brick at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:04:34 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Troy Cefaratti wrote:
Approx. 1200 2 x 4 bricks (not verified).

According to Doug Eaton (no relation) in our club, he bought 4 boxes of 2x4's
containing exactly:
1202, 1261, 1214 and 1041

Exactly 3852 1 x 2 bricks (verified).

I estimated my box of 1x2's at 4812 bricks, which is based on actually measuring
out .. uh.. 3 or 4 loosely packed small PAB cups, counting them, then seeing how
many small cups the remaining bricks fit into. So... give or take a couple
hundred maybe. Wierd that it would be off by 1000 from your count, though...

To be honest, I could swear that when I bought my box of 1x2's, someone had
posted to our list saying that they had gotten over 5000 1x2's in a box, and I
remember being disappointed that I had a bit under 5000 (mine wasn't full to the
*Brim*, and it had a notch opened in it, so I assumed some might have been taken
out). And if you assume that 1200 2x4's is about 4800 1x2's volumetrically, I
guess 4800 sounds about right...

DaveE