 Events / 2446
Re: California LEGO Convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2008 22:57:45 GMT

In lugnet.events, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
Of course I could research all this on my own, but if I was flying from North
Carolna to Northern California, I would definitely like to at least have a brief
visit to San Francisco. Is it relatively easy to get there--is the BART going to
where you are planning on having it. Just curious and of course not a deal
breaker, but there might be a few of us souls who have never seen SF and would
want to tag a little sidetrip to it. Kind of spread the airfare out over LEGO
and sightseeing. As I said, the last time I was there the BART was in its first
or second year--I think.

Not necessarily BART, but CalTrain is relatively close to both sites.

Of course a tour of Google and Apple would be interesting also.

That is something I can look into, but I doubt it would be fruitful.

I really do not think a LEGO store should be an overiding requirement. But maybe
by that time there would be some mechanism for LEGO, if it wanted to, to
discount heavily some special Shop at Home items only for the registrants.

There are two LEGO stores in Northern California, one in Santa Clara and one in
San Mateo. Both cities are being checked for venues.

The weather there in the winter is nice--so that is the time to have it. A
relief from the cold for a great number of people.

We are looking at mid-Spring 2010.

Russell