 Events / 2437
Re: California LEGO Convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:50:32 GMT

Having just driven through your lovely state for about two weeks I have to say a definite maybe.

   Is it a good one?

Probably

   Would you attend? Non-Californians?

Maybe (From BC, Canada)

   Any thoughts?

The idea of a California LEGO convention was discussed (some of my thoughts) a couple of years ago. I still think a convention near Legoland and including excursions to the park would make my answer a definite YES.

I have attended two BrickCons in Seattle (and already registered for a third) and the last BrickFest(PDX) but those were both within a single days driving of my home (app. 4.5 and 8 hrs travel time respectively). As I said I just drove from your neck of the woods to my home and I think that is not too far which is why I might attend a SF area event. I may not be your target attendee but I hope these thoughts help.

p.s. Having missed the opening of the new Sea Life area at Legoland by a matter of weeks may have something to do with my eagerness to have an excuse to go back to the park. :)