 Events / 1631
Re: KCCUSA Summer Block Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:05:58 GMT

In lugnet.events, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:
   In lugnet.events, Bill Vollbrecht wrote:

   So what do you all think about doing steel and gluing first hand? Makes for interesting building sometimes.... Just hope you all used plenty of ventilation (assuming you used MEK).

All the steel was designed and fabricated by the amazing Steve Ringe - and it worked perfectly the first time we installed it in the statues.

For glue, we used Oatey All Purpose. We glued outdoors and in an open garage with fans running. At the end of the first day I had a little headache. The following day I was fine - either since there was more breeze present outside (or I had already killed off all my protesting brain cells the day before.)

We gained a variety of experiences with this - including Lego sculpting itself. Prior to this project, none of us had any Lego sculpture or mosaic experience!

Spencer

Cool.... you guys did a great job. Really high quality stuff for a first time! Can’t wait to see more stuff like this.

I burned out all my brain cells long ago with MEK, so I stopped being able to smell the stuff long ago. But at least peanut butter sandwich and the bookshelf are green.... Dang, sorry, that happens once in a while. : )

I will have to try that Oatey and see how that works. I asssume you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes?

Thanks,

Bill