 Events / 1000steine-Land / 61
Re: Color me surprised...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 06:50:03 GMT

In lugnet.events.1000steine-land, John Gerlach wrote:
In lugnet.events.1000steine-land, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
Hear, hear...

According to my source, a member of Lowlug attending the event, the "hint" was a
stack of 1x4 plates, with colours in the following order (seen from top to
bottom):

4x Dark Green
1x Yellow
5x Orange
1x Yellow
5x Dark Green

Thats all what was shown and said. Apparently this lead to some speculation in
the direction of "Train" amongst the attendies, but that's only speculation.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Well, that's *almost* the color scheme of the classic "Empire Builder":
http://www.gngoat.org/con4.jpg

It IS the color of BNSF modern locomotives so maybe we're getting an SD70 model
or something. Mr. Mathis hasn't been saying much lately...

http://www.finnmoller.dk/rail-usa/bnsf-paint-schemes/ and look at the Heritage 1
scheme. There are better pics out there...

If LEGO came out with a train in that color scheme, I'd buy several copies!

Ditto. Dark green is a sweet color.

JohnG, GMLTC