 Database / Scans / * (-20)
Subject:
Lego Dacta set 9702
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2015 06:52:42 GMT

Hi,

I bought this old set in a street market, but I could not find the instructions.

All help thanked in advance

Pet

Subject:
Set 6636 different part shown in instruction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.parts, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 08:38:12 GMT

Has anybody an idea which part is showing on the box of the set 6636
that looks like 2486 (Bar 1 x 8 x 2)?
From the picture it has to be "Bar 1 x 8 x 3" but the set containted in
real part 2486.

Or was it only a mistake by TLC when they changed the part and only
changed the instruction pictures digitally?

Your comments are welcome.

cu
mikheide

Subject:
Set 7714 (Golden Guardian) scans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:42:00 GMT

Hello,

I noticed that set 7714 (Golden Guardian) from EXO-FORCE was not yet in the
Lugnet sets database.
Here is a picture of the box:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Markassius/Exo-Force/7714a.jpg
Can you please add this set to the database, so I can add it to my setlist?

This set is new in 2007 and part of the Exo-Force line up. The box says "
Limited Gold Edition and the minifig (Ha-Ya-To had golden details on the chest.

Subject:
Peeron and PICSL updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 06:23:00 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Just a quick update on what's going on with Peeron and PICSL recently:

- With the new year, Peeron is now able to show instructions from 2003.  36 were
made available at midnight on the 1st, and since then, 11 more were added.  See
all available 2003 instructions here:

  http://peeron.com/scans/?s=0&tid=0&year=2003

- New links were added from sets to Shop@Home when a set is available - for
instance, the ISD:  http://peeron.com/inv/sets/10030-1

- New RSS feeds were added:
  - All LEGO sets available at Amazon.com:
    http://peeron.com/tickers/amazonsales.xml
  - All LEGO sets available at Shop@home:
    http://peeron.com/tickers/legosales.xml
  - All LEGO sales, both on Amazon and S@H:
    http://peeron.com/tickers/sales.xml

I do realize the site has been too slow lately, and I just wanted to let you
guys know that I am trying to find a solution to this problem.

As always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Dan

FUT lugnet.db.inv (for lack of a better place)

Subject:
LEGO set instruction downloads cross-referenced
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:25:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As some of you may know, LEGO has available online instructions from many of their sets available to download. Many can be directly downloaded here, but there are also many that aren’t indexed in that database. Customer service are happy to provide links to any instruction available, if you ask them.

Unfortunately for AFOLs though, these sets are stored using the 7 digit LEGO code, so you can’t tell which set a given file is for without downloading and inspecting it. So as a community service, I have scanned the available sets, and created a cross-reference database, which you can find here. It allows you to search by set number or LEGO code, and provides a link to the lego.com file download, and the peeron set page (where available). I will be re-scanning and updating the list every couple of months or so, to keep it as up to date as possible.

Also, I have purposely made it hard to download all the instructions - I don’t want you using my site to download all the instructions available - that would put an unnecessary load on the lego.com server (there are currently over 8GB of instructions available).

Anyway, I hope somebody finds this useful.

ROSCO

FUT: lugnet.inst

Subject:
LEGO Magazines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:45:03 GMT

Ok, I know where to find scans of set instructions and even catalogs. Is there a
place online that has archived scans of past LEGO Magazines? I.e: the Lego Mania
magazines, the Brickmaster magazines, etc?

Subject:
set 4551 - "Crocodile Engine" alternate model instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:39:25 GMT

Hello all,

My copy of the instruction booklet for set #4551 - "Crocodile Engine" contains
five extra pages with full building instructions for one of the alternate models
shown (image top left) on the box backside. I noticed that all instruction scans
for this set that was able to find on internet didn't include these 5 pages.

So, I've scanned and submitted these pages to the Peeron Instruction and Catalog
Scan Library, see them at  http://www.peeron.com/scans/4551-1/
For an alternate, I think it's a really nice and rather realistic model.

This case makes me wonder if there have been different versions of the
instruction scans: prehaps one with and one without the alternate model. It
doesn't relate with a possible instuction booklet variation reflecting the part
change from 2924 - "Train Front" to 2924b - "Train Front with 4 x 2 Opening",
because both the instructions that were already present on Peeron and my
uploaded pages still use part 2924 only.

With friendly greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen.

Subject:
Swedish leaflet from 1963
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:58:29 GMT

Í've uploaded scans of a leaflet I recently found.
I'm pretty sure it's from 1963, because there is no Lego
pictured of later date. I think it's Swedish, but maybe
someone can verify this?

I must say: the scans are huge, so please be patient when you
have a slower connection to the internet.

Thanks and best regards

Daan Bargerbos

Deeplinks:
-
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Sweden/lego_folder_1963_sweden_out-a.jpg
-
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Sweden/lego_folder_1963_sweden_out-b.jpg
-
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Sweden/lego_folder_1963_sweden_in-a.jpg
-
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Debarg/Sweden/lego_folder_1963_sweden_in-b.jpg

Subject:
Catalog scans now online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:20:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I'm happy to announce that the Brickshelf Catalog scans are now online
on PICSL.  Check it out at

  http://www.peeron.com/scans/

And while you're at it, submit new catalogs (and instructions scans)!

  http://www.peeron.com/uploadpic

As always, any comments and suggestions are more than welcome!

Dan and Jennifer Boger
Peeron.com

FUT lugnet.inst

Re: Upload new instructions to PICSL!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:21:21 GMT

Yeah, the 8880 is my favourite too.

Steve

Subject:
Upload new instructions to PICSL!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:55:10 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

We're happy to announce that PICSL is now accepting user submissions. If
you have instructions scans of sets that are not currently available in
PICSL, or even a better version of scans that are already there, you can
now upload them.

Just go to the set you want to upload instructions for (for instance
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/8880-1), and click one of the "Submit
instructions" links.

As always, any comments or suggestions would be most welcome!

Dan and Jennifer Boger
Peeron.com

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com

Re: What happened to the Brickshelf Next links?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 19:17:43 GMT

In lugnet.db.scans, Kevin Loch wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Clark Stephens wrote:
   Is anyone else with a contribution icon experiencing an omission of the Next link in their Brickshelf galleries?

There was a problem that affected members who had contributed more than $20 this year so that ads were not displayed in their personal folders. The number of files/folders displayed per page and the next/previous links were not being calculated correctly under those conditions.

It has been fixed!

Kevin Loch

just got back from 10 days vacation (no computer access, no lego) and i’ve noticed a change with brickshelf also. typically, if i’ve missed that much time looking at “recent” pages, i just use “next page” to continue back to some familiar looking folders. for 10 days i expected to go back a ways, however, there seems to be a problem when n exceeds 1000. if i type in another value as i have in the past, instead it brings me back to the most recent page.

deborah

Re: What happened to the Brickshelf Next links?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 04:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Clark Stephens wrote:
Is anyone else with a contribution icon experiencing an omission of the Next
link in their Brickshelf galleries?

There was a problem that affected members who had contributed more than $20 this
year so that ads were not displayed in their personal folders.  The number of
files/folders displayed per page and the next/previous links were not being
calculated correctly under those conditions.

It has been fixed!

Kevin Loch

Re: What happened to the Brickshelf Next links?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:33:30 GMT

Clark,

You are not alone.  I noticed this two days ago.  All of my folders with over 48
images had (and still have) the same problem.  There is no "next" at the bottom
so it looks like the rest of the images are missing.  I've emailed Kevin about
this a couple times and he assures me he's working on the problem.

Corey
www.brickitgood.com

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=maskatron

Subject:
What happened to the Brickshelf Next links?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 00:31:56 GMT

Is anyone else with a contribution icon experiencing an omission of the Next
link in their Brickshelf galleries?

The next links in my brickshelf galleries don't appear to be working:

That folder has many more images. If you manually put the page count into the
URL, the next page will show:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=19113&n=48

I am a grey brick contributor to Brickshelf. I noticed that the Google ads don't
appear in my galleries (which is a nice perk). I don't know if that effects the
Next link. I couldn't find other contribution icon galleries to check. There is
no obvious link from the front page to a list of contributors, nor could I see a
difference in the recent showcase.

The next link is showing in all non-icon galleries I checked, along with the
Google text adds in the first box.

Most of my galleries exceed the 48 image/page limit. I'd like to know if it is
something specific with my galleries, or a general Brickshelf omission.

Thanks,
Clark

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

Isodomos.com - marking the difference in Lego® parts.
http://www.isodomos.com

Re: what's up with Brickshelf catalog scans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:49:08 GMT

In lugnet.db.scans, Eric McCarthy wrote:
Hello,

If anyone is reading this who knows the status of catalog scans
at Brickshelf, please respond.  I sent email to the address
posted there ("submit" at that site), asking if anyone wanted a
some catalog scans I just made.  I got no response.  Do you
know if anyone is administering there or not?  If so, is there
another address to which I should send the scans?

Thanks,
/Eric M/
for email replies, remove the upper case letters and digits,
but for this one, a news reply would be better

  Good question! I sent a catalog scan two months ago and it hasn't appeared at
the catalogs folder.
  I'd like to know how old is the first scan that appears at the "What's new in
the Scan Library". It's for sure more than two months old.

Best Regards,

Ildefonso.

Subject:
what's up with Brickshelf catalog scans?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:56:12 GMT

Hello,

If anyone is reading this who knows the status of catalog scans
at Brickshelf, please respond.  I sent email to the address
posted there ("submit" at that site), asking if anyone wanted a
some catalog scans I just made.  I got no response.  Do you
know if anyone is administering there or not?  If so, is there
another address to which I should send the scans?

Thanks,
/Eric M/
for email replies, remove the upper case letters and digits,
but for this one, a news reply would be better

Subject:
catalog scan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.inst, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:48:29 GMT

Back in 2001 the LEGO Shop-at-Home catalog showed "instructions" for building a
schoolhouse with bulk packs. I can't find my 2001 catalogs. Can someone who has
one please scan that page for me?

Russell

Re: 1773 & 2140
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:27:30 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tim Strutt wrote:
In lugnet.town, Josh Baakko wrote:
Hey, I'm looking for 1773 and 2140 stickers and 1773 instruction sheet, anyone
out there that can help me!?  Scans would be the best please.
Josh

Well, I can help you with one of those.
I scanned the sticker sheet for 2140 and uploaded it to Brickshelf.
Here's the directory when it gets moderated:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/Stickers/2140/
Here's the largest file (300dpi gif, 392KB):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/Stickers/2140/2140_sticker_300dpi.gif
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Well, that didn't work. I looked over the TOS for Brickshelf, and although
it doesn't mention stickers, I guess they are included in the 'do not post
instructions' envelope.
So here are the stickers for a limited time as a zip file:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/heidi.strutt/2140sticker.zip
Play well.

Tim Strutt

Subject:
Instruction Scans for set 1831 Maersk Tractor-Trailer Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 07:02:55 GMT

I noticed that the instructions for 1831 Maersk Tractor-Trailer Truck were
missing from Brickshelf's library, so I have scanned them and uploaded them
to Brickshelf and my personal webspace. Unfortunately I applied the stickers,
so I have not included a scan of the sticker sheet.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tstrutt/Instructions/1831/
http://www3.sympatico.ca/heidi.strutt/1831.zip
Play well.

Tim Strutt