 Database / Scans / 269
268  |  270
Subject:
LEGO set instruction downloads cross-referenced
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.scans, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:25:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As some of you may know, LEGO has available online instructions from many of their sets available to download. Many can be directly downloaded here, but there are also many that aren’t indexed in that database. Customer service are happy to provide links to any instruction available, if you ask them.

Unfortunately for AFOLs though, these sets are stored using the 7 digit LEGO code, so you can’t tell which set a given file is for without downloading and inspecting it. So as a community service, I have scanned the available sets, and created a cross-reference database, which you can find here. It allows you to search by set number or LEGO code, and provides a link to the lego.com file download, and the peeron set page (where available). I will be re-scanning and updating the list every couple of months or so, to keep it as up to date as possible.

Also, I have purposely made it hard to download all the instructions - I don’t want you using my site to download all the instructions available - that would put an unnecessary load on the lego.com server (there are currently over 8GB of instructions available).

Anyway, I hope somebody finds this useful.

ROSCO

FUT: lugnet.inst