 Color / 692
Re: Color change: **CEO Draft Letter**
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 06:50:32 GMT

OK Folks,

I know I made a fuss about still whining about the color change after a year, but you folks are now NOT whining, your actually doing something.

Yes, I would support and sign that letter. Although I rarely build with gray parts, I do use a lot of gray baseplates, and I don’t want to see them gone.

But here is some info on gray for your letter. Contrary to what other Lego websites say, the earliest catalog that I found the gray 10x20 thick baseplates was a 1956 German catalog. That tells me that gray probably started around 1955 (the year the Town Plan System started). These were produced continuously until the 1970’s. In 1963 gray also showed up in small plates, and in 1966 in large plates. They have been produced ever since then. So gray has been around CONTINUOUSLY since then.

So you might want to add in your letter that “the same shade of gray has been around for half a century, ever since #700E baseplates came into production in the mid 1950’s”.

Gary Istok