 Color / 630
Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 18:52:46 GMT

In lugnet.color, Walter Walters wrote:
   ... Suppose we, the AFOL community, could get a well-written letter to him directly. The color change could potentially be reversed with this one, well-placed, shot! It may be a long shot, but it is one of our few remaining hopes, and it actually stands a reasonable chance of success.

TLG’s emphasis since the introduction of the brick has been on the system of play. Changing a 20-year-old core color is inconsistent with this focus. For this, as well as a host of other reasons discussed here at length, most of us would agree that the color change decision was a poor one. (Even for those who are accepting/indifferent, would anyone here be greatly upset by the change-back? I doubt it.) ...

I have a suggestion for TLG:

If they’ve realized that the colour change decision was a poor one (and they don’t really want to admit it), they could reverse this decision without letting us know.

Just suppose that the RGB colour values for the old grey are (180,180,180) and the colour values for the new grey are (180,180,190) (we call it blue-ish grey). They could decrease the blue-value with just one point for the next 10 years and we’ll be back with the old grey. If we buy new sets every year we won’t notice the difference between (180,180,190) and (180,180,189).... After 10 years we’ll have our old greys back and we’ll regard our “blue-ish” parts as “just a little discoloured throughout the years”.

;-)

Maarten