 Color / 690
Re: Color change: Let's go straight to the CEO!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:54:14 GMT

In lugnet.color, Samarth Moray wrote:

Hi Scott,

Out of curiousity, I then ask, why is, for example, the engineer from
'Spiderman's train rescue':
http://www.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/3626bpx265.1083604835.jpg Flesh
coloured? Is he a specific character like say, Peter Parker or Harry Potter?

Samarth

I don't know specifically, but I would assume (note the word "assume") that
since the entire Spider-man line is licensed, that the licensing body would have
a say in the design, or the fact that so many licensed figures (Mary Jane, Peter
Parker, Spider-Man, Harry Osborne, Doc Ock, and JJ Jameson) would mandate that
the extra figures (bank robber, ambulance driver, and engineer) would either
look out of place, or they wanted to have a unified theme, as the movie itself
has actors in roles. actor=person=flesh color.

Now, you ask, why aren't the F1 racers pit crew in flesh?  I don't know.  Maybe
the licensing deal was just for Shumacher and Barichello.  I know that's odd,
and doesn't match the above, because I specifically checked that out and noticed
the difference.  Then again, different licensing bodies=different agreements. I
don't make the decisions, and I'm not part of the group that licensed the stuff,
so it's all speculation.

I do know for a fact that any Lego specific product (i.e. World City) has yellow
minifigs.

-Scott