 Castle / 9331
Re: Crusader Fortress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 22:54:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jon Furman writes:
Hey all,
I know that this is not going to compare in any way with the "July Surprise"
news, but in it's honor, I'd like to announce the completion of my Crusader
Fortress.

Well it's not the Wild West - but is it pretty darn awesome, Jon.  Some of
the details I particularly like are:

- Having the sacrament laid out on the altar (and the way the light shines
through the stained glass window)
- The look of the 1x1 rounds alternating with the 2x2 rounds in the columns
- The picture with the palm trees in the forefront - speaking of your trees
- I noticed that you had used some of the clip on leaves on at least one.
Pretty cool use of those pieces - I hadn't see that before
- The birds roosting on the walls (buzzards perhaps?)

And of course the overall use of tan elements which definitely gives it that
"fortress in the desert" look.

Great Job and as always - Thanks for sharing your pictures with us (very
inspirational).

G.

P.S. Oh yeah - aren't folks over that July Surprise nuttiness by now?