 Castle / 9339
Re: Crusader Fortress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:50:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Why in the world would you refer to me as a god when you are so darn good at
this stuff, I'll never know.

You, Frank, Shiri, Pawel, and some others have quietly been "tutoring" me
with your creations and ideas for about a year and a half.  I've built lego
all my life, but until I found lugnet, I built all the same stuff over and
over.  When Making Braveheart, Mel Gibson said that he never went to film
school, but as he got roles in films he just listened when Peter Weir and
the other directors talked.
I feel that The most creative people are the ones who hide their inluences
best, and I've really tried to synthesize what i've learned.  I really have
enjoyed the creative push I've recieved as part of this community.  I signed
up for a membership about a week ago and I'm still waiting for my page to go
up, but I finally felt like I had something to contribute, so I started
posting MOC's

I'd probably turn the
tower/chapel around so that the stained glass faced the courtyard (less of a
defensive liablity) and I'd also crenalate the tower.  The columns with
Lionheads capitals are great, though again, I don't think a medieval castle
designer would create blind spots in the defense like that.  The gate looks
like it could use some towers flanking it.
These are good Ideas.  I've got some more bulk tan bricks on the way.  The
Chapel sits on the wooden support beams, so It cn be flipped easily.

Jon