 Castle / 6873
Re: Monument of Mine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:00:51 GMT

Oddly enough I had a similar conversation with one of the Master Builders at
LEGOLAND, CA this past week...

He was showing me one of his "monument" creations for the Brick-Or-Treat
activities at LEGOLAND this past Halloween.

It was done in all Gray... rather than your Dark Gray.
And, surprise, there were no hands on the figures!

Which is further proof that even the master modelers don't get special favors...

IMHO, Black would look cool and be far easier to get pieces for.

-Jon

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:
Caught me! I actually painted the male hair piece and the Amidala hair
piece. I was debating whether to do this, and decided since I had so many,
one of each wouldn't hurt.

I've been on this statue/monument kick lately. Will LEGO please come out
with light gray minifig hands?!?!?!

Question to anyone reading this:  Would an all black monument look tacky? I
thought I could justify it as obsidian or black marble. Stories could be a
lot more detailed as there are obviously more of a variety and quantity of
minifig and decorative black elements. I've had a few comments that it
wouldn't appear as "real" as the dark gray or light gray statues I've done.
Did you have to paint some pieces or edit the pictures a little? (re: the
gray Amadala hair)