 Castle / 6871
Re: Monument of Mine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:41:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kyle Peterson writes:
Bill,

Caught me! I actually painted the male hair piece and the Amidala hair
piece. I was debating whether to do this, and decided since I had so many,
one of each wouldn't hurt. After hours (okay....minutes) of grueling mixing
testors paint, I finally found the perfect color.

The color is perfect, and it was almost undiscernable that it had been painted.

Question to anyone reading this:  Would an all black monument look tacky? I
thought I could justify it as obsidian or black marble. Stories could be a
lot more detailed as there are obviously more of a variety and quantity of
minifig and decorative black elements. I've had a few comments that it
wouldn't appear as "real" as the dark gray or light gray statues I've done.

I don't think black would work as well, too hard to take pictures - shadows
and glare, etc.

Bill