 Castle / 6520
Re: The countdown begins... teaser pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:21:12 GMT

I took the other route and bought the chrome sets straight from S@H (except
4819 of course).

I must say that most of the sets are worth the $5. I ended up with 15 4818
Dragon Riders, 15 4817 Dungeon, and 5 4816 Knights Catapult.
Okay, yes, that comes out to $200.....but all the pieces were valuable to me...

First off, you get 15 Paladins (minus shields)

15 skeletons
15 black dragons
5 female armors
5 black visored helmets
20 Knights Kingdom Pikeman
15 blue gems, 15 red gems, 15 neon gems, 15 green gems
15 Bull Pack footmen - using the black norman helmets from 4817
5 catapults
not to mention various other pieces.

So, basically, I was able to put together the Paladins, and add to BOTH my
Knights Kingdom army, and my Bull Pack army.....along with getting tons of
other great pieces I needed!

Maybe not a good deal for some, but it was in my case.

-Kyle

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
Well, for $51, i got 11 silver helms, 12 silver swords, 16 silver shields and
17 silver breast plates.  Lets disect this.  Each of the 4 sets costs about $5.  So, assuming i have a lot of silver swords on hand, and do not need to buy any >of the silver sword sets, that comes out to be 44 items, 44 sets.  So, 44 sets >at $5 a piece, thats $220.  Since I already bought the large castle already, >I'd say I got a damn good deal.  But thats just my humble opinion.>--Anthony