 Castle / 6511
Re: The countdown begins... teaser pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 02:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Karl Martinson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
In lugnet.castle, Karl Martinson writes:
I have 12 Paladins at the moment, thanks to a really nice ebay auction.

So it was you!I was the first bidder (Fett69) then the price went way up
above $30, which was a bit too much to pay for some accessories.

<<KM>>

Sorry man, but it wasn't me.  I've looked, there have been many auctions for
chrome armor sets, so I think you're thinking of one that I didn't bid on. • And
for me, I could have paid $80 for the accessories and it still would have • been
worth it, if you figure in that each chrome piece would cost me $5.  And I • only
paid $51.  Auction #432889681.

--Anthony

Yup, i see that now. I didn't take the time to look and see. It was an
auction with 9 breastplates i think. Hmmm, still quite a lot to pay for
accessories, cause think how much money you could get for selling the
minifigs? Princess storm? I know this thread just happened, but she's worth
a lot to people who don't wanna buy the castle. Same with the chainmail
guard, they don't wanna buy the big sets cause they're pretty much a waste
of peices. I'm glad you're happy to have gotten them for that price. It
shows us how much we're into Lego.

Hehe
   <<KM>>

Well, for $51, i got 11 silver helms, 12 silver swords, 16 silver shields and
17 silver breast plates.  Lets disect this.  Each of the 4 sets costs about $5.
So, assuming i have a lot of silver swords on hand, and do not need to buy any
of the silver sword sets, that comes out to be 44 items, 44 sets.  So, 44 sets
at $5 a piece, thats $220.  Since I already bought the large castle already,
I'd say I got a damn good deal.  But thats just my humble opinion.
--Anthony