 Castle / 6519
Re: Hmm...(many fronds = tree)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:59:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Zack Stackhouse writes:
Those trees are next on my list to construct.
I have designed a decent looking tree myself;
however I don't have the means to post a picture of it, yet,
but basically...

take a look at the tree in Kings Mountain Fortress:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6081

and seperate two of the trunk pieces, insert a 1x4 pole, the a
2x2 round plate (green or brown) and then add the rest of the
back on, thengo back and add the leaves to the round plate
and there you have it.

It looks like an oak tree or something, and you can make it
as tall as you want.

-Zack

For a more substantial trunk, I stacked tan Adventurer-car wheels on a Technic
axle, with 2x2 round plates at the top and bottom.  The plates could be put in
the middle as well, as Zack suggests; must try that.  I have so many of these
wheels!  Has anyone seen them in brown?  I've seen them in dark grey but I
don't think that would look very nice for trunks.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada