 Castle / 6170
Re: Best Star Wars set for Castle use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:51:26 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

I certainly didn't have an interest in a Sith Infiltrator or Gungan Sub for my
Castles of Pirates stuff, but I found a WalMart that has them for $10 each.
Open 'em for parts or just hang onto to 'em for now and trade/sell 'em later
to get real Castles stuff?

I'd be inclined to open them for parts.  The SW sets (especially, it seems the
Sith Infiltrator) have done a fairly decent job of saturating the market, so
you'd have to hang onto them for quite a while before getting a good return.
Parts, however, gets you a good return right now.  (mmmm....grey plates...mmmm)

The Gungan sub is also a very good parts pack. It isn't mentioned as
often (it's almost a well kept secret). Lots of dark grey and blue
slopes and plates. A bunch of useful figures (which you don't get so
many of in the Sith Infiltrator), a few plant pieces, a clam, a blue
anchor (I'll be using these to distinguish some of my pirate ships "my
ship is the BSB with the blue anchor"). The only less usefull part is
the printed domes, but if you have any aspirations for an underwater
realm, they could be used quite nicely there (you could also use them
for larger force shields, or even windows in a castle dedicated to the
element of air).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com