 Castle / 5981
Re: Completed Midieval Village
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:13:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
Well, I finally finished and photographed my huge midieval village layout this
weekend you can see the results at:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/newtown.cgi

Awesome!

Do you have detail pictures somewhere of the ducks and sheep? Especially from
a distance, those sheep look perfect.

A few comments on your comments on the page:

- you mention that you wish you could have made it larger so the houses would
be less cramped: a medieval village would be pretty cramped, don't want to
waste valuable cropland.

- you mention you wish you had more trees and such: if it's later medieval
Britain (strongly suggested by all the half-timbered construction), there
aren't many trees left (which is one of the reasons for the half-timbered
construction).

- on the swimmer's clothes: one could use "stiffy" parts, they at least just
have normal studs instead of longer pegs.

Frank