 Castle / 5491
Re: Peasant House...Misc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:53:45 GMT

Thanks for the insight, Greg

There are definitely different levels of "housing" throughout medieval
villages.

As far as my creations go, I'm sticking with the tradesman and merchants
buildings thus far, since they are the ones who make the village go 'round.
Here are a few ideas other than the traditional Blacksmith,Inn,...etc:

Silversmith- utilizing the new silver bricks...somehow
Glass-Blowing
Tailor
Candlemaker- 1x1 round flats for candles? 1x1 cylinders?
Weapon-Forger
Armor-Forger
Masonry
Winery- put those wooden barrels to use!
Leather Shop

I plan for a basic stone or wooden building for the peasant farmers.

Has anyone constructed a medieval Mill, or Windmill even?

My model for a village is 12th Century Rothenburg

I must agree with Greg that building a village is much more challenging than
building a mere castle.

-Kyle