 Castle / 5486
Re: Peasant House...Marc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:36:26 GMT

Wow, Eric does some excellent work too!

Note on the two tudor buildings on the top of his main picture....those are
how I have my roofs. You can get more of a slant that way.

Most of the houses I have designed have 3 levels, but that is most likely more
of a urban 12th/13th century thing.  I model most of my buildings after those
old narrow-street, highly populated cities.

I just managed to get a few of those stained glass window pieces from the new
Knights sets. I hope to make a really ornate-looking church someday as well.

Note: I know what you  mean about the red lattice windows looking a bit
prissy. However, they look killer when you place a light inside the house when
displaying. It really hurls you into that "mysterious night, eerie glow from
the village" feel. If that makes any sense?

Hey Kyle - Have you seen Eric Kingsley's castle site? He has some really nice
stuff. His houses were what inspired me to build mine. Here's a link:
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/