 Castle / 5365
  How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

Well I have stated that Jar-Jar works well as an Orc before. I just tried puting the old knight torso armor overlay on Jar-Jar and it doesn't hit his ears in the back. Give him a round shield with the stud or a Fright Knights bat sheild and an Axe (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Sheild, (...) very (...) A better title would be "How AFOLs can make Jar Jar an Orc". LEGO would not be able to use the Jar Jar head on another figure that ain't a Gungan... Lucas wouldn't have it. I have not tried this yet, but how about the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

hmmm...mmm... Jar Jar as an orc? good idea. don't thikn it'd work for me though. I'm pretty firm on orcs being green, having much smaller ears, and not a gungan snout... i'm picky when it comesto orcs i guess.. though i think i may start using spare (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could (help us) Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Here (...) Is that better? This title is what I meant originally. I guess I was just too excited after making the Discovery that Knight Armor works with Jar-Jar heads. I already have a use for the Bulls as is. The silver eyes are the key to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) How about an Oger or Goblin? (FYI the Original Orcs from Tolken's Lord of the Rings were grey. Lego's Wizzard Maejisto is a total copy of Tolken's Wizzard Gandalf.) -Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Really? Where does it say that? I don't remember reading that. Is it in the Silmarillion? I haven't read that in a few years. I suppose it's time for a re-read. Just wondering.... ~Mark (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) not (...) Why not make Tolkien hobbits too? They would be hard though at half the height of a normal human, we shouldn't use standard torsos and legs for these- any good ideas? (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

Well you got a point. they were grey. based on my favorite games and stories featuring orcs i'd rather have em' green. Ogres good Idea! but i just really really despise the head on jar jar. The rest of the minifig is good in my opinion but i really (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Uhoh, a Tolkien debate. I don't think the orc color is determined. They have been various colors in licensed artwork. Gandalf became blue thanks to the animated features, therefore Majisto looks like a copy, but remember he's "Gandalf the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) >-Erik hmmm. I don't want to tell anyone how an orc should look. it's just that my ideal orc is like a Tolken and Warcraft/Dark Omen orc. would be cool to make one but i've strayed away from magic/elves/dwarves/dragons and stuff like that in (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

In lugnet.castle, Wesley Pauley writes: <snip> (...) Sorry, NTFH? Enlighten me, please. -Shiri XFUT .faq (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.faq)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

well, until he becomes Gandalf the White, that is ;) but that's just nitpicking .... -s (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Page 44, Grafton three book edition of The Lord Of The Rings (Part one); "An old man was driving it all alone. He wore a tall pointed blue hat, a long grey cloak anf a silver scarf. He had a long white beard and bushy eyebrowss that stuck out (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Thanks James! I guess the animators liked the blue hat notion because they gave him a blue cloak in the 1979 movie... which the board game was based on... The board game is fun... the colorful orcs are black, red, brown and yellow all at once. (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) I'm using my spares to make Jar Jar torture scenes... ;) hehe, I've got enough of them to make a complete set... The Jar Jar Inquisition... <G> -Bryan (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Anyone could Make Jar-Jar an Orc, or something else

(...) Sheild, (...) very (...) Actually, I've been planning on using a Jar-Jar head to help me represent a Lizard-man type character. This comes from my plans to put my rpg group's TORG adventures online in Minifig form. Two of the characters are (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) NTFH = NoTimeForHeroes it's my little trademark (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Oh god. I hope LEGO has snapped up the rights to a Lord of the Rings franchise before those movies start rolling out. It'd be so cool to have orc armies and balrogs and the like with which to menace our castles. -- Jeff <jthompson@esker.com> (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Anyone could Make Jar-Jar an Orc, or something else

(...) Here (...) with (...) Well, you could do away with the standard minifig legs altoghter. This would probably open up some possibilities. Or you could put a brick between the torso and the legs to build the tail off from, making a tall lizard. I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) nitpicking Gandalf was never made into a white wizzard, all Lego wizards are blue. (...) not (...) the (...) Wizzard (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How Lego Direct could Make Jar-Jar an Orc

(...) Then u could use lego to recreate warcraft 2 :) (24 years ago, 15-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)