 Castle / 4984
Re: Backgrounds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:52:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
"Wilson Raska" <willy007_@hotmail.com> wrote:

In the past couple of months, I've been taking various pictures of the sky,
specifically for these pictures.  Last night, after playing around with
Photoshop for a long time, I finally figured out how to put pictures of my
castle things on those backgrounds.  I have a couple of airship pictures with
clouds in the background to make it look like it's flying.  Here they are if
you want to take a look at 'em:

...very nice! seamless even! so what's ur trick? :-)

Well, first I take the picture with a piece of bright green fabric behind it.
Then I open up the background picture and minimize it (You'll need this
later).  Then I used the magic wand tool to select all the green.  Then I go
to the select menu and click on Inverse, this makes it so only the LEGO is
selected.  You can then open back up the background picture, and then with the
move tool in the toolbar, move the selected LEGO to the background picture.

After reading some past posts, I've learned that if you can set the tolerance
level on the magic wand to High, it will get closer to the LEGO.  Since I
didn't know about that, this is what I did to touch them up:

After cropping the picture to the desired size, (for the next steps, I zoomed
in on the area I wanted to edit) go along the edges with the airbrush set at
the second smallest brush size.  To get a color match to the background, use
the eyedropper tool to take a sample of the background color.  Then use the
airbrush to clean it up and get rid of the green fringe.

That's all I did, even if it's not the most professional way of doing it.

Wilson