 Castle / 3088
3087  |  3089
Subject:
Some silly uses for all those extra treasure chests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:40:35 GMT

Someone was complaining recently about excess treasure chests and no use for
them.
Personally I don't have enough (4 brown ones, 2 black and 1 trans pink).
However, I'm sick right now and can't think straight (so I can't do my
homework) but I tried to sleep and couldn't do that either. So I took a couple
of the chests and just played around with them. Here are two uses I came up
with:

-Water wheel for a mill: Take four treasure chests, attach each one on top the
other with all the hinges pointing to the same direction (they should like
like weird steps or something). Now open each treasure chest without
disconnecting it from the others. Connect the bottom chest with the cover of
the last one (in a circle-y shape). Here you go, a weird water wheel! All you
need to do is connect it somehow (don't ask me how :-) to a technic axle, and
build a mill around it (see Dave Eaton's mill...)

-Trough for farmhouse: Take two 1x1x1 bricks with one SNOT (Stud Not On Top).
Connect brick A to the brick B's side stud, with brick A's SNOT facing
downward. Now disconnect a cover from one treasure chest, flip it over (the
cover) and attach it to brick A's stud-hole, that should be on the top (if you
understod my vague directions...). There you go - a trough. Add Franklin
Cain's pigs and you got yourself a great addition to your farm!

I hope those directions are clear enough... I don't know what the 1x1x1 bricks
are called. If anything isn't clear, LMK and I'll put up pics on my site.

Right now though, I'm going to try and sleep again...
-Shiri