 Castle / 2896
2895  |  2897
Subject:
Different kind of castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 23:04:56 GMT

The Shogun parades before the masses with his swordsmen and spearmen.

I have been looking around and have not seen a MOC of a Japanese Castle,
the central donjon to be precise, and decided to spend a few days making one.
This is my very first full size building and probably the most ambitious
to date of anything I have done.

Details are it has a base of 40 x 40 studs and uses 3 Flying Ninja
Fortress sets (6093) and a bunch of whites & blacks from the blue tub (3033).
Technically the bottom rock foundation layer is not counted so it is a
3 tier donjon done in the traditional style.  My inspiration came from
having had the pleasure of visiting Himeji Castle in Himeji city, Japan,
in 1982 on a semester abroad program.  IMHO it is the most architecturally
beautiful castle in Japan and rivals most in the world.

This is version 1 but I figured if I waited till I could do it perfectly
then I would never show it to anyone.  Future work include making a 5 tier
donjon exactly in the style of Himeji and adding a front gate plus
surrounding walls.

The link is http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=191
Enjoy !