 Castle / 2896
  Different kind of castle

The Shogun parades before the masses with his swordsmen and spearmen. I have been looking around and have not seen a MOC of a Japanese Castle, the central donjon to be precise, and decided to spend a few days making one. This is my very first full (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

I bow before you! That's very beautiful. I haven't tried my hand in Oriental MOCs but I like and appreciate them. This is a great castle, I'd like to see your next (5 tier) tower and gate... Also, is there an interior? Keep up the good work! -Shiri (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Thanks for the kind words. Following tradition I would have to bow back before you. As to your question, as a matter of fact there is an interior to the castle which I confess is currently empty space but with a few supporting columns. One of (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

Very nice! Love the design! In fairness to the sub-theme, there *is* another terrific Ninja MOC site, with a large enclosed Ninja stronghold. To my consternation, I cannot find it in my links -- if anyone knows the site I'm talking about, please (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Finally another Ninja theme MOC.....I have been working on mine for a year....I am ver impressed....lol I am a fan of the Osaka castle I saw in a travel magazine ....I would love to know of any historical links that have pictures of the castle (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) That would be Michael Hopkins' Ninja Superfortress. (URL) castle I'm working on right now is more along the lines of an English-style castle with Ninja elements than a truly authentic Japanese castle, but I'm learning what the samurai castle (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) Very nice, Kung-Khoon! Your castle reminds me quite a bit of Odowara castle. See my pictures of the real structure at: (URL) Makes we want to start working on my Japanese Castles again. It's been a while since I've done any building on them. (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different kind of castle

(...) As for links I found the best way to get to the links is go to the search engine (URL) then search for "japanese castles" And pay attention to the links which end in .jp. Those are the best. Lots of pics from pro and amateur photographers from (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)