 Castle / 2031
Re: Castle (?) Legofest? (was: Re: [CW] FAQ - War)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 21:39:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:

I was thinking near where I live (outside Washington DC), as that is pretty
central to the east coast and I shouldn't have too much trouble finding
somewhere to hold it.  As an added bonus, people could take a trip to the
Outlet Store, too.  ;)

Oooh! The prospect of DC itself is exciting, as I've only been there when I
was three and naturally don't remember much ;-)

Yeah, I love it here.  Having easy access to the Smithsonian is great!  :)

I'm sure it is ;-)

+ Outlet Store? Where is it? I'd love that too!

It's about half an hour south of DC along I-95.  It is in Potomac Mills
Shopping Center, in Virginia.

Oh... I didn't realize that was near DC.

This definitely seems like A Good Thing. We should decide, though, whether
this will indeed be a Castle-based legofest or an all-theme legofest.
CP to .general

Well, I'd like it to be a general Legofest, and try to set a record for
attendance.  ;)  We could have Large Castle, Train, and Space setups, people
could show off their MOCs, we could have seminars and discussions on Lego
history, building techniques, and Ldraw, and lots of other stuff.  I was gonna
start checking on Recreation Center prices on Monday.

Yeah, I think that as much as having a castle-only fest would be fun and cool,
having a BIG fest would be even better...
If we plan this really well, this can be GREAT fun. We can, like you said, put
up different setups with different themes and people's creations.
DC is prolly a pretty good place to conduct this.
Now, about the time - early summertime? Late spring? Around June-July, maybe?

Anyone else up to this?

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/